Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Whine wealthy whine

This is a comment in response to Whine Wealthy Whine

I completely agree with you. I thought that in our country anybody can run for president. But apparently not, you have to have tons of money in order to run. Looking at the household incomes of the 3 major presidential candidates it’s shocking. My question is why they are earning that much money in the first place, our government should be spending less money, paying these people huge salaries, and maybe start paying off the national debt we have. Also why do these candidates have so much money?? If it were me running for president I would start donating to charities, and giving back as soon as I can, so the American people don’t feel like I am greedy and keeping the money for myself and family. I understand that many candidates spend great amounts of money on their campaign, but come on seriously who needs that much money?
In addition, it really upset me when I read that McCain’s wife files separately because she has inherited a brewery that is worth over one million dollars. Why do that, to me that is cheating the system. People should not be able to get away with that, especially people that are in our government. Like I said earlier, start giving some of that back to the people, no one needs that amount of money. I would be more likely to vote for a candidate that was giving back. These people do have a major roll in our country, and sometimes do a great job at it, but seriously do they need that much money?

No comments: